HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE
This exciting rebate program gives you even more reasons to consider energy-efficient heating and cooling methods! For a limited time, you too can receive up to $650 in rebates by participating in the 2015 Saveonenergy OPA Rebate Program. If your heating or cooling product is eligible for this rebate program, you must have it installed by a participating contractor, such as Ener Comfort. You must also be a resident of Ontario to participate. Don’t wait! This impressive offer expires on December 31st, 2015, so act now!
With as much as 60% of an average home’s energy use going towards heating costs, it makes sense to consider the energy-efficiency of your furnace and central air conditioning units.
How Do I Join?
To sign-up, follow these three easy steps:
1) Find out if you meet the eligibility requirements
2) Read the checklist for tips on buying a heating and cooling system
3) Find a participating contractor in your area
*Qualifying units must be purchased and installed by a participating contractor.
*Please note heat pump technology is currently not eligible for an incentive.
- The HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE is here for residents and businesses (and businesses with residential-type systems) in Ontario who have purchased and installed* eligible central heating or cooling equipment through a participating contractor.
- You must be a resident of Ontario.
- This incentive is for individuals and businesses (with residential-type systems) replacing eligible central heating or central air conditioning systems (CAC). New to 2014, residences that do not currently have CAC systems are now eligible to apply for this incentive.
- All services (including purchase and installation) must be performed by a participating contractor of the HEATING & COOLING INCENTIVE program.
Important Installation and Submission Information:
- *Incentives for installations of eligible equipment finished between Jan 1, 2014 and Dec. 31, 2014. Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by January 8, 2015 and the proof of purchase must be sent in by February 1, 2015.
- *Incentives for installations of eligible equipment finished between Jan 1, 2015 and Dec. 31, 2015. Your contractor must enter your online incentive submission by January 8, 2016 and the proof of purchase must be sent in by February 1, 2016.
You will receive a:
- $250 incentive when you replace your equipment with a high-efficiency furnace equipped with an Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM).
- $250 incentive when you install an ENERGY STAR certified CAC system (NOTE: ENERGY STAR certified criteria = minimum 14.5 SEER and 12 EER).
- $400 incentive when you install a stand-alone CEE “Tier 2” level central air conditioning system (NOTE: “Tier 2” level qualified criteria = minimum 15 SEER and 12.5 EER).